Happy Blog Birthday to me!
I have been blogging here for 7 years now.
I am so proud that I have stuck with my hobby of blogging for 7 whole years, I am pretty impressed with myself I have to say. I started out on Lookbook.nu sharing outfits, and I eventually fell in love with Autilia's blog. This was when my eyes were opened to the world of fashion blogging. I knew I wanted to do more than post images on Lookbook. So I took the plunge, got a tripod and started snapping photos.
7 years later and I'm still snapping shots with my tripod. I have had some amazing experiences through my years of being a wee blogger. I've worked with some wonderful brands, I've been to some wonderful blogger events and I'm so grateful for all of the things I've been able to do. My confidence has definitely improved since I started blogging, my style has evolved and I think I am much more comfortable in my choice of clothing. I had some blips (or many) on the way with my style journey and I will be sharing some of the throwbacks in my next blog post on Saturday so be sure to pop back and have a nosy!
I'm proud of the blog I have created but at times it can be difficult not to compare to others. I've been blogging for a while so I've seen some girls amazing blogging stories and watched them grow into the amazing bloggers they are today.
So I thought I'd write a little list of things that I'm proud of and things my blog led to:
- Managing to blog whilst working full time
- Using my blog as a talking point in job interviews
- Meeting my good friend Anna (Missplayground)
- Creating a handmade jewellery shop and using my blog platform to promote
- Sticking with my blog through finishing university and teacher training
- Meeting other bloggers at events
- Pushing myself to attend events and press days on my own (very out of my comfort zone)
- Learning to use photo and video editing programmes
I'm looking forward to the next steps with my blog and I want to thank all of you that have taken the time to read my blog and follow me. It is nice to know there are people that like my style and are interested in some of the things I have to say!